Central Coast Council previously consulted the community to review the Draft Hardship and Debt Recovery Policy. Following the consultation, the policy was reviewed and amended. It was then resolved at October's Ordinary Council meeting to go on public exhibition for community comment before it is adopted by Council. We are now seeking feedback from all Central Coast ratepayers and sundry debtors.
The objectives of this policy are:
- To provide a framework to assist ratepayers and sundry debtors during periods of financial hardship
- To provide a process for the assessment and determination of financial hardship applications
- To ensure effective controls, policies, and procedures are in place for the collection of overdue rates, water, and charges by the Council.
- To recover monies owing to the Council in a timely and effective manner and ensure efficient cash flow management.
- To provide a process that is ethical, transparent and compliant with legal obligations and legislation
- To provide adequate control over Council debts, including overdue rates, water, fees and charges, and interest.
Have Your Say
Between 27 November 2023 and 18 January 2024, we sought community feedback and encouraged written submissions.