At its meeting, held 14 December 2021, Council resolved to put on exhibition an amended Code of Meeting Practice where several changes are proposed. Changes proposed are as follows:
- To incorporate the changes made to the Model Code of Meeting Practice for Local Councils in NSW by the NSW Office of Local Government;
- For Council Meetings to be conducted monthly on the fourth Tuesday of the month; and
- To remove the non-mandatory provisions for Public Forums from the Code of Meeting Practice.
Information to note: The Public Forum is intended to continue, but in a forum immediately prior to the Council meeting. The Public Forum will be specified by a separate policy that will be considered at the same time as Council considers the Amended Code of Meeting Practice.
The amended Code of Meeting Practice document can be found in the Document Library on this page and the amendments marked in the document are as follows:
- Deletions are in
strikethroughand additions in bold and italics.
- The mandatory provisions from the Model Code are shown in red bold and italics.
- The non-mandatory provisions from the Model Code are shown in green bold and italics.
- The amended provisions proposed by Council are shown in black bold and italics.
The community is invited to have their say on the Amended Code of Meeting Practice between 22 December 2021 and 7 February 2022.
Council will receive a further report for consideration of any direct submissions received in respect of the Code up until 21 February 2022.
Have your say
Submissions should be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Mr David Farmer by 5pm 7 February 2022 via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Post: PO Box 20, Wyong NSW 2259
- Or the online submission form (preferred)
Something you need to know: Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act, 2009 (GIPA ACT), members of the public can seek access to the submissions and council cannot give assurance that the document will remain confidential.