Green Point Sun Valley Park Redevelopment (regional playspace)
Sun Valley Park at Green Point has been redeveloped with a new inclusive regional level playspace and outdoor recreational space for our community to safely play, keep active and connect.
This new playspace and upgraded park was designed with input from the community and to meet the needs of this area’s growing population and features:
- play equipment for a wide range of ages and abilities including nature play, climbing, balancing, swinging and spinning play elements, and equipment which is inter-generational so everyone can interact together. There's also a flying fox, shade structures and fencing.
- two upgraded basketball courts
- connective pedestrian pathways
- park furniture
- public barbeques
- picnic tables
- water refill station
- landscaping to complement the natural environment
- off street carpark
- upgraded amenities building
The project was proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with Central Coast Council.
Sun Valley Park playspace is now the Central Coast’s third regional level playspace and part of Council’s network of 260 playspaces.
Council knows Coast families love playspaces and we look forward to seeing our community enjoy this new facility!
About this project
Central Coast Council revitalised Sun Valley Park in 2021. The redevelopment included the construction of a safe, functional, inclusive regional playspace consisting of play equipment, park furniture, connective pathways, landscaping, shade and fencing as well as an upgrade to the existing amenities building, basketball court and carpark.
The vision of the redevelopment is to produce a high quality inclusive regional playspace that will create opportunities for play, social engagement and an active outdoor lifestyle for a wide range of ages, ability levels and cultural backgrounds across the Central Coast.
This project is proudly funded by the NSW Government in association with Central Coast Council.
Have your say
Council undertook two rounds of community consultation to inform the revitalisation and design of the Sun Valley Park.
- Phase one community consultation involved a community survey to explore the community’s interests, needs and desires for the playspace. This consultation was open between October and November 2019.
- Phase two community consultation involved the delivery of an interactive concept plan for the playspace where the community was able to provide feedback on each of the proposed elements. The consultation was open between February and March 2020.
Reports for each phase of the consultation is available in the document library on this page.