At its meeting, held 9 March 2021, Council resolved to put on exhibition an amended Code of Meeting Practice where several changes are proposed. Changes proposed are as follows:
- Provide for the conduct of all Council Meetings at Wyong Administration Building
- Change publication day of Agenda Paper to allow consultation prior to the finalisation of the Agenda
- Requirement that Mayoral Minutes identify source of funds where there is a financial impact
- Requirement that Notices of Motion identify source of funds where there is a financial impact
- Requirement to consult with the CEO (or appropriate delegate) in preparing Mayoral Minutes or Notices of Motion to identify source of funds
- Limit on number of Notices of Motion to one per Councillor per meeting
- Limit on complexity and number of Questions with Notice to one per Councillor per meeting
- Requirement that Councillors make reasonable efforts to attend pre-Meeting briefings.
From 10 March until 21 March 2021 submissions on these proposed changes were accepted.
Council will receive a further report for consideration of any submissions received in respect of the Code following the public exhibition period.
Something you need to know: Under the Government Information (Public Access) Act, 2009 (GIPPA ACT), members of the public can seek access to the submissions and council cannot give assurance that the document will remain confidential.