A Planning Proposal was prepared for Lot 6 DP 3944 at 39 Dell Road, West Gosford (the site).
The Planning Proposal sought to expand the existing IN1 General Industrial zoned portion of cleared and relatively level areas of land and zone the remaining steep, vegetated slopes and Endangered Ecological Community to E2 Environmental Conservation.
As part of the Planning Proposal, it also proposed to dedicate all of the E2 zoned land (approx. 7.4 ha) to Council at no cost for inclusion in the Coastal Open Space System (COSS).
One of the identified values of the COSS is described as “Scenic Quality: backdrop to the city and the contribution to the sense of place of Gosford”. The land also supports a rainforest community, and the native vegetation is part of the almost continuous vegetated link along the escarpment and adjacent plateau.
The Planning Proposal and other relevant supporting documentation were exhibited between 4 February and 4 March 2022 at:
- Wyong Office: 2 Hely Street, Wyong (subject to COVID restrictions)
- On this page
The community were invited to read the FAQs (below) and view the Draft Planning Proposal (main document and technical documents) available in the Document Library on this page.
Have your say
Submissions were addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Mr David Farmer between 4 February and 4 March 2022 via:
- the online submission form (preferred)
- email: email@example.com
- post: PO Box 20, Wyong NSW 2259
The planning proposal was drafted in accordance with Section 3.33 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979. A gateway determination under Section 3.34 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act has been issued by the Department of Planning & Environment.
Your attention is drawn to the provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 which allows for possible access to certain public and personal documentation. View our privacy statement.
Council Report and Resolution
What is the objective of the Planning Proposal of 39 Dell Road West Gosford?
The objective of the Planning Proposal to:
- zone the cleared and relatively level part of the land (see image: IN1) to allow an intensity of land use which corresponds to its physical characteristics and surrounding land uses (General Industrial)
- zone the remaining steep, vegetated slopes on the western part of the parcel and the Endangered Ecological Community along the northern boundary to E2 Environmental Conservation (see image: E2)
- Dedicate all of the E2 zoned land (approx. 7.4 ha) to Council at no cost for inclusion in the Coastal Open Space System (COSS)
What is the Coastal Open Space System (COSS)?
The Coastal Open Space System (COSS) is a network of reserves supporting native vegetation that are managed by the Gosford City Council for a number of environmental and community values. The COSS reserves are consistent with the community land classification of 'bushland' as defined in section 36 The Local Government Act 1993.
How much land would be dedicated to COSS should the Planning Proposal be successful?
As part of the Planning Proposal it is proposed to dedicate all of the E2 zoned land (approx. 7.4 ha) to Council at no cost for inclusion in the COSS.